Oriental food is Asian style cooking and my favourite type of cuisine. When the staple is infused with the sauce and heated with herbs and spices, the flavours achieved are very different and unique. It gives our taste buds a real adventure and gives one extra dimension to the staple.
Base to an oriental cuisine is
- Herbs and spices
In 2016 I was in China and came across a sauce named as Tao’s sauce. It is a very easy sauce to make and at the same time, it gives a clear idea about the oriental based cooking sauces.
In this sauce, anything can be stirred fried and due to its strong taste, it never fails to surprise the person.
Generally, it’s made using tofu, I’m using panner in this case for its softness, better acceptability and availability.
- Soya sauce
- Green chilli
- Cornstarch powder
- Spring onion(optional)
- Sesame seed(optional)
Dice paneer into cubes and coat them with soya sauce for 10min.
- Finely chop ginger, garlic and green chilli
- Add cornstarch to the panner coated with soya sauce and make sure the pieces are covered in a fine and uniform layer of cornstarch.
- In a nonstick pan take some oil and heat the pan.
- Once the oil is hot add the paneer pieces to the pan and fry till a little dark than golden brown.
- Take out the pieces in a plate and let it rest, now we have to start our work on the sauce.
- In the same pan with the leftover oil and the chopped ginger, garlic and chilli.
- Stir fry for 2min in the pan
- Now add ¼ cup of soya sauce, 3tbs of vinegar and ¼ cup sugar.
- Let it cook until the strong fragrance is removed.
- Now in a cup dissolve 1tsp cornstarch in water and while adding some water to the pan add the solution as well.
- Let it cook for 1 min and then add the fried paneer to the sauce and concentrate it with constant stirring for 2min.
- You can add some petal cut onions and bell pepper as well for the extra freshness.
- Pour the paneer with the sauce in a bowl and sprinkle some sesame seed and chopped spring onions.
I hope this article was helpful and any suggestions for more recipe please add in the comment section.
Haroshit Tandon, Site-Admin
Also, if you are interested about Superfoods Or Just An Excellent Marketing Hype?, check out our article